Monday, March 24, 2008

Midnight Showers


Being a new Mom I am discovering so many things, one being how you never knew how much you would come to appreciate things that are so simple. One for me being showers! I am a at least one a day shower girl, in the summer usually two a day, I like to be fresh ("so fresh and so clean clean"). Well now the hubby goes to work and I am at home with baby all day, when hubby gets home that is my time to get things done that I didn't have time to do, if I want a shower, I have to get up before hubby and baby and take one...well tonight for some unknown reason I have some energy! So after hubby and baby were in bed, I decided it was some me time.


Let me tell you, I had the most amazing shower I have ever had, probably because of how much I am able to appreciate it. I got a full hour to focus on me, not only did I get a shower, but I got to shave my legs, use my fancy body lotion, do a face mask, a deep conditioning treatment on my hair and simply just relax and let the hot water soothe my achey shoulders and back, let me tell you people it was fantastic!! I was in there so long I got prunie, prunie! Do you know how long it has been since I have had a chance to be in the shower so long I get prunie!?!?! I then got to take my time brushing my teeth and hair, use nice smelly lotion and body spray & put on my PJ's.


Its like I have a key to a secret garden, a secret place no one knows about, a place were my mind is free and my body is relaxed. I can't wait to go there again tonight, although this is going to mean less sleep, I really think is worth it.


Now I am going to go stare at my sleeping baby, and just take in how amazing she is and how motherhood is such a special gift and one I will try to never take for granted.


Sweet Dreams........

1 comment:

jenpayne said...

Believe me Steph, I know all about the blessings of a shower. It has become my most favorite place to be. I may not take them at midnight anymore, but it is truely my escape, my alone time place. I can't even go to the bathroom without having someone else in there thinking they HAVE to play with their dinosaurs on the floor or HAS to talk to me right at that moment. But when I turn that shower on, they all leave me alone. As soon as the water is off, they are back at the door, needing this and wanting that. But for 20 minutes I get myself back. So embrace those showers!