Saturday, July 12, 2008

So Long, To Long!

Not that my life is so packed with exciting vacations/outings, social events or anything really other than the "day to day". But life gets out from underneath you sometimes and the time FLIES by. I constantly have my mind on my blog, and say wow you should really post something, but something always comes up and I never get to that "moment". Well I finally have made that "moment".

Trying to recall what has happened in the past month or so. Well I am still working, despite the want to run away every day I get to work. I won't talk to much about it, but lets just say its beyond stressful and there are times were I go to the bathroom and cry. However, I digress. The only thing about it that has really bothered is me is my milk supply has severely decreased, from 1) the stress and 2) I am only able to pump twice a day. On the weekends I attempt to build it back up, but it never works, I have been having to supplement with formula. But what does one do. I drink a TON of water and mothers milk tea. My next step is to start drinking 6 oz of Guinness a night (which I hate beer, and especially dark beer, but if it works I will do it) and start taking funagreek as well. My plan is to purchase these items soon. I am doing my best and giving my all, that's all I can do. (this is exactly why maternity leave needs to be longer in the US)
We visited my Grandparents (on my Mom's side) in Fargo a few weeks (jeez possibly even a month ago!) and that was very special, I have lost both of my Dad's parents and it really hurts they never met my daughter. So it was very important to me that the grandparents I have left got to meet her. I hope we can do at least one more trip up there this year, however money has been really tight for us, but hopefully things will turn around soon. Here are a few pics from the trip:
Me, Gwendolyn and my Grandma Fern and Grandpa Merlin
Grandma Fern and Gwendolyn
Grandpa Merlin and Gwendolyn

Gwendolyn had her four month appointment on July 1st. She had an acute gastrointestinal virus, so we didn't do any shots that day (we got on the nurses schedule for the following Monday and got the shots then, she did great, but later that night ended up having a mild reaction to them and got a high fever, I stayed home from work with her and was able to get the fever down and get her back to normal in less than 14 hours). Her weight was 13 lbs 1.6 oz (the Doctor said it probably would have been more had she not had the stomach virus) and her height is 23 1/2 inches, to think my baby girl was born at 5 lbs 14 oz and 18 1/4 inches! She has gotten so big, and every day we enjoy watching her do something new and grow into such a big girl. Its really bittersweet, I love her development, I love "bragging" and watching all the new things she learns and does, but I can't help but miss the "newborn" stage and dwell on how fast it is going to go by. But I am also so excite for the future and to know one day I will have a little girl to go shopping with and paint our nails and play dress up, I really look forward to these days. I really want to have a close and very special relationship with her, I love her with all my heart and I want her to know that every day of her life.
We had our first "swim" in the pool over the 4Th of July weekend. Our Condo has an outdoor pool and they have a "kiddie pool" as well, its only 1 foot deep and they do not load it down with chemicals, so we felt safe bringing her. We put on the sunscreen, her little bikini and matching sun hat and sun glasses. She was so darn cute! She really enjoyed herself! She loves her bath time, so I was hoping she would like the pool as well and she really did. I love to swim myself so I am glad she has taken a liking to the water, and I know when we do Mom and Baby swim classes we won't have a problem with her taking to the water. Enjoy the pics of her first swim:
How cute is she!

I am so cool :)

In the pool.
Overall life is treating us fairly, things are tight (but for most it is right now, and thankfully my wonderful family has been a large help to us during these times), but the "crappy" things in life get masked when you such a beautiful healthy baby to love and adore. All you have to do is focus on that, and it makes you beyond grateful for the things you have. I hope I get more time to post updates and pictures of the babes and what she is up to more often.
Always,
~Steph~

P.S. I will be posting a bunch of picture blogs

1 comment:

Sarah O said...

You have such a beautiful family, and I could not be happier for you! I want to hug and kiss Gwen everytime I see her!